Monday, October 24, 2011

Frankencrotch.

If Frankenstein had a vag, I can only assume it would like like mine.  Dealing with a busted up crotch is not fun.  It's been 4 weeks and I can't even sit on any surface that is not cushioned.  No chairs.  No benches.  No hardwood floor.  Ugh.  It's so frustrating.  I didn't even have the nerve to look down there for 3 weeks!  It appears the stitches are healing okay, but I've got another issue.  I called the nurse regarding some issues...and let's just say the words VAGINAL PROLAPSE came out of her mouth and she scheduled me for an appointment on Wednesday.  GREAT!  So now my crotch is literally FALLING APART?!?!?!  I am so uncomfortable.  I can't walk without feeling like something is stuck in my crotch.  I was hoping that things were just swollen in there.  But after taking a quick peak...I don't think things are where they should be.  I actually Googled: "What should the opening of a vagina look like?"  Yeah.  Don't do that.  Regret!   I'm obviously hoping I do not have a prolapse...but something isn't right.  I'm dreading my appointment on Wednesday.  Blah.  Keep my crotch in your prayers.  Just kidding.  Unless you like praying about other people's private parts.  Then go for it!

So let's review:

C-Section:  2 week recovery.  The first week really sucked.  After 2 weeks I was feeling good.  Sleeping on my sides and stomach hurt for a while, but it was tolerable.  I missed the first 2 hours of Isla's life because I was in recovery. 

VBAC:  Third degree tear, lost asshole control for a week and nearly pooped my pants multiple times, farted uncontrollably, possible vaginal prolapse from all of the pushing, 4 weeks postpartum and I'm STILL IN PAIN.  I did get to hold my little man immediately after birth...but he was taken from me right away so I could get stitched up for 45 minutes. 


Let's just say I may never have sex again. 

It's pretty much been determined that my pelvis is tilted in a way that makes it difficult for a baby to get out.  Both Isla and Brevin had major cone heads and they both had a very tough time making their way down.  Both of them were positioned funny.  Brevin was posterior, and I'm not sure if Isla was or not...but Isla had torticollis and Brevin appears to also have it (although undiagnosed yet).  In both births, my body was VERY slow to dilate.  Clearly, my body has some issues.  Not cool!

So yeah.  Brevin is my last baby.  I'm cherishing every snuggly moment and trying my hardest not to bite his yummy newborn cheeks off.  The more time I spend with my little man, the less time I spend worrying about my Frankencrotch. 

PS:  I will try really hard not to include the words:  vag, crotch, and asshole in any further posts.

5 comments:

Berbs33 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berbs33 said...

Sorry the recover is not going smooth, maybe after the appointment you will have some answers and everything can be put back to where it should be. In the mean time just enjoy that beautiful little man of yours as much as you can becuase before you know it he will be crawling away from you and wanting to do things his way (why does that happen so quickly)! - And yes I deleted my first comment, so many typos and missing words that it didn't even make sense (my fingers can't keep up with my brain this early in the morning I guess)!!

AliRose said...

Ohhhh Bets. I am so sorry. This just STINKS. :( Not what you're supposed to get with a VBAC right? More problems. Plain and simple, you got a freaking raw deal.

I assume all the pushing on your stomach and the craziness to get Brevin out when his shoulder got stuck is what caused the big tear right? Ugh.

Let us know how the appt. goes, even if it means you have to use the words vag and crotch in another post. I really really hope it's not prolapse. Also. STOP GOOGLING. ;)

Angela said...

Buddy so sorry to hear about the crotch issues! I hope your appointment goes well.

Lisa said...

Oh boy, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through! Like Alicia said, it sounds like you got the raw end of the deal for sure. BUT at least you did what you set out to do, maybe there's some consolation in that? Good luck with your appointment and keep snuggling that little guy. I can't wait to meet him!