Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pregnancy Recap

Each of my pregnancies have gotten progressively worse, and I'm already at the point where I'm pretty fed up with how my body is dealing with growing a human.  I'm older, fatter, and just completely out of shape.  So obviously my body is rebelling against me.  I'm trying to just roll with the punches and embrace my last pregnancy though.  So as miserable as I am most days, I power through and remind myself how blessed I am to be carrying another baby.

Let's take a walk down memory lane and revisit my pregnancies.

Pregnancy #1:

27 years old, pregnancy glow, my only complaint was exhaustion.  No morning sickness or random pregnancy ailments.  Still cared about my appearance.  Life was good.  



Pregnancy #2:  

29 years old, complete and total exhaustion due to a certain 1.5 year old who refused to nap, no pregnancy glow, Wore regular clothes on occasion, but generally gave up on looking nice most days.  No weird pregnancy ailments, morning sickness, etc.  


Pregnancy #3:

33 years old, exhausted, recently developed acid reflux, perioral dermatitis, and pubic symphysitis all in a week and a half time span (a new record?), no pregnancy glow (just the red irritated skin slowly growing around my mouth like a goatee).  The pubic symphysitis is literally making my crotch feel like it's going to explode.  The pain from walking at the end of the day is almost unbearable.  My tilted pelvis has caused some major back pain (and a terrifying fear about delivering another baby who presents with shoulder dystocia).  I rarely wear "regular" clothes and settle for my mom uniform the majority of the time.  I get very little sleep due my children becoming terrible sleepers.  So yeah.  It's been interesting.  




So attractive and itchy!  It's really helping me feel better about
this pregnancy and life in general.  

The one thing that all of my pregnancies have had in common is the freakishly large belly.  I always look WAY more pregnant than I am.  All of these pictures were taken at 28 weeks.  I've contemplated telling strangers I'm due in May so I don't have to deal with the awkward comments regarding how enormous I am.

Only 12 more weeks until I meet this munchkin!  She's totally worth the burning esophagus, itchy face, and intense crotch pain.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with all that this time around! I hope some of it (if not all) eases up in your last weeks. Those final weeks are hard enough.

I think your belly looks adorable! I too felt like I was showing bigger faster than average, and certainly had a few (unwelcome) comments from people. But then I decided I was going to embrace my belly, no matter the size. I swear, everyone carries and looks different. There's a girl in my office that is 23 weeks and my current postpartum belly is much larger than hers. :-/

12 weeks! Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl. Hope you can find some time to rest before then. :)

Berbs33 said...

Sorry this pregnancy is proving to be the hardest. Hopefully you get some relief and can enjoy the last 12 weeks a little more. Hang in there. Of course will all be worth it in a few short months. Can't wait to meet your newest addition.